What makes a good cook? I think a good cook knows his/her groceries very well - not saying that you have to know many weird exotic groceries that almost nobody has ever heard of, but if you have decided to go for steak - it means you can taste and feel the difference between a well done steak and a poory done one. So at what stage can you start feeling confident that you are at least a half decent cook? I'd say, when you know enough to be able to experiment and make a good meal - but that is entirely my definition. Just following a recipe time after time usually become less and less of a challenge, unless you go for haute cuisine, I suppose... Although I find that it is a talent as well to follow a recipe to the smallest detail and also get the dish to look exactly as in the recipe book is a merit on its own - I never get it to be just like in the book, but I always put my own little twist to it. I trust my kitchen instincts. It took me a few years to realise, but I finally have the confidence to say that I'm a pretty good experimental chef!
Having read my own comments to the pictures, I almost feel a bit obnoxious, so enough bragging now.
Over and out.
Do you dare to try my food?
No comments:
Post a Comment