Monday, 21 February 2011

It has been a year...

... since you left us. I still can't believe it. I still dream that it has all been a big misunderstanding - a mixup at the hospital or that you got lost in the djungle on a holiday trip - and that you are still here on earth and we find you. The joy I feel every time I dream it is always the greatest but it is always followed by sorrow and dissapointment just as big when I realise it was just a dream.

Life was forever changed a year ago. We all struggle from time to time, missing you, but we help each other in the ways we can and try to stay strong. We cherish our memories with you and talk about you often and think about you every day. In so many ways you are still with us except physically.

I go to your resting place whenever I can. It is such a beautiful place surrounded by nature. It is a good place for us to come and see you, but I feel it is more for us than for you, because I feel that your spirit is not in that grave. It is around us. Most of the time around Mom. Where you always loved to be. Watch over us. You are our guardian angel. Love you always.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment