Wednesday, 25 November 2009

My new babies are both called Jimmy... Jimmy Choo

Meet my new friend Jimmy
When I heard about the collaboration between my favourite high street store H&M (Swedish, of course!!) I was thrilled, but at the same time I thought - "oh no! I'm definitely not going to be the only one thrilled about that!!". Thought the queues on Oxford Street here in London would be massive and having to fight with eager teenagers about the cool stuff wasn't anything I felt tempted to do. As any collection with H&M and a famous designer, I assumed it would be gone in notime so I accepted the fact that I wouldn't get my hands on any of the items even before the collection was launched...

But there is a BUT - I went home to Sweden over the weekend and to my big surprise, there was a lot left in the stores from the collection one week after the launch and it wasn't even crowded! They must have been stocking up in the home town of H&M. I was amazed. I quickly laid my eyes on a pair of shoes that I fell in love with - sure, they were more expensive than the regular H&M collection, but much cheaper than the regular Jimmy Choo collection!! My wonderful parents were there and of course, and my mom wanted to spoil me a little and she bought the shoes and a little coin purse for me - also from JimmyChoo by H&M(!!!). That made my day, week and months to come. How can a pair of shoes bring so much joy into a person's life?!! Thanks Mom for the shoes and thanks Dad for being a moral shopping support!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! You got them? Cool! None of the shoes suit me, 'cause I have manly drag queen feet. :) Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! When did you get drag queen feet? There is a guy at work who is really tall and probably a bit gay as well - he wore mega heels to work once (for charity - and raised loads of money btw.) and his feet are huge!!! I'm sure you can find a good fit if HE can! ;-)

    ReplyDelete