Last Friday I went out with a few friends to celebrate another friend's birthday. The evening started out great. I met up with my friend MK and her friend (and now also my friend) MR for a meal in a cosy French bistro restaurant. After the meal and a few laughs we went on walking to the nightclub. It is called Chinawhite and is quite a posh place, but because our friend MD (who's birthday we were celebrating) had put us on the guest list we were able to get in.
The fun continued on the dance floor, chillax area, the bar and even the VIP area. Great fun, until I felt my feet and me were too tired to continue dancing and the club closed. So I took my jacket and headed for the exit with a friend. Out on the street I reach for my mobile in my party handbag, but can't find it. Earlier in the evening, the shoulder strap broke and the bag fell on the floor so I had to carry it like a clutch bag for the rest of the evening, but I didn't mind because that kind of looked nice, I though.
What must have happened is that my mobile fell out of the bag that moment. I went back into the club with my friend who helped me look for my beloved mobile n the dance floor, the bar, the VIP area and the chillax area... It was nowhere to be found and it was easy to look as well the the club had closed and most people were already out of the club. Nothing in the lost and found. So a few friends call my mobile to check if it is with someone or if we can hear it.
It had been turned off. That just happens if the person who found it has no intention of returning it to its' rightful owner. So even if I lost the mobile, someone took it after that.
Luckily, HTC (the brand of my phone) has a personalised web service from where you can control your mobile remotely. The morning after, I connected to my htc sense page and tried to localise my mobile on the map, but it was impossible because the mobile was turned off. So I just blocked it from there. The only comfort I get from that is that the bastard who took it won't get any joy from it. I think it's such an ugly thing to steal other people's belongings. I work hard for my money and it was a big deal for me to buy my first smartphone. I really loved that phone.
Hopefully it won't take too long to get a replacement phone from my insurance, but it's not fun to wait. It's damn annoying, actually!
No comments:
Post a Comment