Monday, 12 March 2012

Smiling

A few weeks ago, on the 22nd of February, two years exactly had passed since I lost my dear father. I thought about it the days before, but on the actual day -  in the morning - I didn't remember what special day it was. I could only think of the dream I had just had that made me wake up with a smile.

I dreamt a happy dream - my first happy dream about dad. It was a very short one, but enough to bring happiness into my heart. Me and dad were eating sweets - polkagrisar (Swedish mint candy and also mine and my dad's favourites) - from a water filled (don't know why it was water filled) jar together and laughing and joking like we used to. It was such a happy dream it made me forget what kind of sad day it was supposed to be.

Maybe it's silly but, in some way I think my dad spoke to me through that dream, telling me I should be happy and that he's there for me always.

1 comment: