Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Peer pressure...?

Me a mommy? No, I don't think I have the right holding technique yet...and I care too much about my fingernails... (Kid (Iván) kindly provided by Cristóbal and Isa)

I didn't really see it coming, but suddenly it was there... the "preassure". I'm at that age when friends around me are starting to get married and worse: they are having children! Gosh! A few years ago I could say: "I'm too young and want to do so many things before I even start to think about that!!" Now that's not true anymore. I'm not too young for it.

It's not that I have anything against marriage or that I don't like kids, because I do want to get married one day and have kids (when I have gotten rid of my fear of them!) one day. I just feel "not just yet". I feel like a kid myself! But somehow it's getting harder and harder to dodge the questions like "So when are YOU TWO...?? *wink,wink*" My answer is always "Hahahahaaa.. eeeeh....heeee...*walking away*"

I have 2 weddings to go to so far this year -one in Ohio, United States and the other one in Turin, Italy - strangely enough I always cry during the ceremony - it's just so beautiful!!! My first and most emotional one was when my best friend Maria got married to her Visa. So beautiful and I was bu-huing like a child who lost his candy!!

Another wedding we must not forget is the one of Princess Victoria of Sweden and that guy with the gym.... (really shows how much I pay attention to the royal news..) That's going to be some wedding party! If only I could take some Swedish tax payer money to plan MY wedding!! Then I would surely get married!

Nah...

I will dance at a few other weddings before I dance at my own... Over and out

3 comments:

  1. And you know what...in a weird way it can even be more fun to attend other people's weddings because you can relax and get tipsy! I was a total control freak during my wedding and could relax properly...life after marriage is wayyyyy much nicer and more romantic than the actual wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kickeli! I want to go to weddings too!!! (this is the *wink wink* -part... ;)
    The getting married thing is not scary att all...but the babies..... OMG KISS MY SQUIRREL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls!! Thanks for your lovely comments!! I agree Paulina, it's a lot of fun going to other people's weddings! Everybody is always in a good and "dancy" mood! But how does life really change after marriage? We already live together, have a joint account, a mortgage(grown up points!!) and what else... go on holidays togehter... I don't really see things changing after that...Enlighten me, girls!!

    Mary, I promise you that you will dance a lot in my wedding party! Do you remember our street funk days?? Missy Elliott, girlfriend! Get your freak on!! Hey Paulina, we ghetto girls will teach you, don't worry!!

    ReplyDelete