Sunday, 1 February 2009

Swoosh to Sweden and swoosh back to London!

I made last minute plans to go to Sweden because D had decided long ago to go to Palma. Some quality Sweden time was definitely in order.

We started off checking out the yearly jewellery fair in Infra City. It was me, my parents, brother, P, and his girlfriend, J. I think it was interesting and I also bought a cool necklace.

After that and a nice lunch, I hit downtown Stockholm with my brother and Josefin. (By the way, my brother thinks I'm a complete dork for blogging, but on the other hand he's always a bit late to follow trends so I will probably see him setting up his own blog in about 3 years...;-)). We went to a fancy dress shop to find P something cool to wear for the "Moulin Rouge" themed party he was invited to. Me and J suggested a variety of cool accessories (fish hat, Joker hat, big moustache, hot dog hat, glittery mask etc) for him to wear, but in the end he settled for a high hat, a shiny red old fashioned shirt with frills and a moustache.

In the evening I went with my parents to a cool restaurant called "Smak" (=taste/flavour). The theme is to taste different small gourmet dishes with one main spice per dish. It was really delicious and a fun theme for a restaurant. My favourite dish was the sashimi tuna with watermelon and pistaccios in soy sauce - the main spice was of course wasabi. Yum!

A perfect winter day in Stockholm. A little bit of everything.

PS. Will post some pictures tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment