Thursday, 29 January 2009

Yesterday

So yesterday I got my exam results. For those of you who don't know what I'm studying - I'm studying to become a Chartered Financial Analyst with the CFA society. It's become a very prestigeous charter that very few people pass all 3 exams. It focuses on different parts that affect the financial industry in 6 different books - approximately 4000 pages... and it's a self study program. To pass you have to answer at least 70% of the 240 correctly in 6 hours. Exhausting, I can tell you! Only 35% passes and many of them are retaking the exam.

To get to my point: I didn't pass. It was my second attempt. I was a bit upset for a while, but then decided to focus on the positive side: I was soooooo close to passing!! The people who don't pass get put into 10 different groups depending on how close they were to the passing limit (group 1 is veeeery far away from passing and 10 is almost passing). I was in group 9...

Now I have to prepare again for the June exam. This time around I will definitely be more relaxed about it because I know all the complicated stuff already. Gaaah! (generating some more study energy)

UPDATE: I have been told there was a 20% (!) increase in the number of Level 1 candidates this year. No wonder the bar was raised!

2 comments:

  1. Don´t worry Christine!!!

    You are in the right way.

    Majorcan Tryggur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du e min idol, Kickeli! Jag beundrar din sjalvdisciplin och javlar anamma!
    Saknar dig!

    ReplyDelete